Friday, January 25, 2008

Bi-Lo Shopping Trips!!


I know... you guys are going to think I'm crazy for putting a picture of groceries on our website!! I just wanted to share what great deals we received at Bi-Lo last week. They were having a triple coupon special - I rarely shop at Bi-Lo, but this was too good to resist. This meant that any coupon up to $.99 they would triple. I am a coupon saver, and had many coupons to use for this. Many items that we got were free, because the trippled coupon was the same or more than the cost of the item. For many products, there was an overage - they paid us to buy it! We bought this in two different trips. The second trip I wanted to have a $40 budget. I didn't bring the calculator in, so I couldn't keep up with my totals. While the cashier was ringing up the stuff, I kept watching the totals creeping up and up.... I kept thinking, "I know this will be more than $40. Lord, please let all those coupons bring it down to $40." Just about three seconds later a lady from another line walked over and gives me a $10 off $100 purchase coupon. She said she didn't need it and thought I could use it!! Well, the final total was... $39.40!!! I was so excited - Praise the Lord!! Isn't it neat how He cares about even the small details of our lives! We got over $280.00 worth of groceries for less than $80.00!! We're stocked up on many things for a really long time! Now if you think this is crazy, just wait until I tell you about the 10 huge bags or free M&Ms that we got at CVS!! If you've had a craving for M&Ms, come on over, we've got them!!

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing! It is great how the Lord works in ways like this. A couple years ago, a neighbor lady came over with five huge garbage bags of clothes for our son. All the clothes were either brand new or in excellent shape. They were all his size to slight too big. I think he wore clothes from those bags for nearly two years! It is amazing how the Lord provides for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came upon your blog and love it! We seem to have a lot in common. My blogs are www.rediscoveringfemininity.blogspot.com or www.joeyandmarcia.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get some tips on how you do this, along with CVS as well. Groceries is a HUGE spend for us! :(
    Angel Pell

    ReplyDelete