Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A- A- Apple





Elliana has had a hunger for learning ever since she was just a toddler. When she came to us and said she wanted to learn how to read, we decided to go ahead and start her with a reading program. The more we looked into the different curriculum choices we decided we really liked a unit study/literature-based approach and that would work well with Ellie's learning style. We have enjoyed using "My Father's World" curriculum. Ellie is doing very well, and has enjoyed it much more than I thought she would! We have school-time three days a week, and it takes us close to two hours to get through all the curriculum. When we're finished Ellie says... "Oh, do we have to be done with school now?" I am so happy she loves learning, and pray that this continues as she gets older and we move forward with homeschooling. I'll try to post our pictures from each unit. I missed the first couple of letters, because my camera was broken and I didn't get any pictures! Oh well... we have the memories, I guess! :) During our "A unit" we learned all about the short vowel A sound, ate lots of apples, read lots of Autumn time/apple books, and visited the Fairmount Apple Orchard on Signal Mountain with MiMi.

No comments:

Post a Comment